So, from the top again but now with pictures! Grammy Linda wasn't quite sure about the whole velcro swaddle blanket thing...
but we eventually figured it out (I know the picture is fuzzy, but he's just so happy I couldn't resist).
This was the first installment of G-ma Daycare, filling the gap between when I went back to work and when 'official daycare' was to begin. Axel met Bob for the first time, they got to hang out at the beach while mom and dad went surfing. For the rest of the week Grammy Linda and Axel had a fabulous time playing together complete with tons of smiles and some of his first giggles.
Next up was Big Anna (aka Vivien) who was a champion babysitter/box packer while we were at work. We would come home and kitchen and bathroom cabinets would be empty and boxes stacked for loading into the truck. We would do evening trips over to the house and I think Rich and I could hardly sleep trying to figure out where everything was going to go. Here's a shot of the outside of the house courtesy of Vivien:
It's an adorable 40's CA bungalow with heaps of character. We are totally in love with it and love having the extra space and yard (!) for the little guy. Rick was a huge help in the big furniture moving day that followed.
Axel's first day of 'school' followed shortly afterward. Even though we did several visits to get ready I really wasn't prepared for what it would feel like to actually leave him for the day in the care of people that aren't my family. Needless to say it was a rough morning. Rich popped in for a hello at lunch and found him, much as I did, smiling and playing when I picked him up. The ladies that take care of him are wonderful but I definitely look forward to spending Thursdays with him (Rich has Fridays). Here' s a shot of him on the first day looking much more stoic than normally does, I think he was worried about mom.
A good time was had by all at Colin's dinosaur-themed 3rd birthday party. It took place at the same park Tim and Brook got married at and was followed by an excellent toy session back at the casa.
Boys being boys:
Finally, we had a great visit from my Dad and Brenda this past week. Axel had a good time getting to know them (I think he charmed them pretty good). We hung out at the house, watched the Lakers and did a little wine tasting in the valley.




3 comments:
wowee - you're place looks awesome! Katie and I are realizing that we have sooo many reasons to come for a Cali tour. So many new babies! I need to meet your little dude!
Alden
sweet place claudia and rich! we really gotta get down there asap. graduation was as anticlimatic as i expected, but whatever, one step closer. congrats on the new place and axels big break to school! xoxo
Yay pictures!! I can't believe how much he's changed since the birth announcement which i see every morning on our fridge. great house! it must be so much fun to get all nesty with your bad selves. missing you all tremendously. we eat oysters frequently in your honor.
*also - colin is all grown up! when did that happen?
love and misses!
Post a Comment