Sunday, September 19, 2010

pacific northwest, part 1

We've had a busy and outstanding summer and to finish it off we took a trip through the Pacific Northwest. The journey started in Seattle where I was attending the International Society for Microbial Ecology meeting (I bet you've guessed about now that this is by Claudia writing). Rich and Axel met me half way through the week and while Rich was doing some business Axel and I toured what the city have to offer including the aquarium and pacific science center where the splashing-equipped water activities were the highlight (a theme that repeats itself throughout the trip).

We then jumped on an Amtrak train to visit Tim, Brook, Alex and Colin in Portland. The kids had a great time playing together and it was tons of fun to catch up with everyone. We visited the Japanese Garden and Portland Children's Museum. (This picture isn't the best, but I thought it was the funniest).


Splashing=fun.



We then headed south the Eugene to visit Mike and Sarah where Axel enjoyed helping Sarah water (read:soak himself entirely) the garden.


No comments: