Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Morning is a wonderful thing.

Today Axel ate from a bottle for the first time. This means a few things:
1 - It means that dad can feed Axel.
2 - It creates a stronger bond between father and son as now dad is not just the vehicle for rocking-changing-carrying
3 - It means that mom can SLEEP FOR MORE THAN ONE AND HALF HOURS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THREE AND A HALF WEEKS!!!


After Axel and I (Rich) chowed down some tasty treats created by mom (at least one of us got to eat) we went for a cruise. First we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast value meal #1. Sometimes a sausage McMuffin is the perfect thing, especially when you have to wait for them to open.

Then we watched the surf at Rincon for a while. After a good set came through I decided to paddle out for a few waves as there was a safe place on the rocks for the car seat where I could easily see Axel from the line up. The surf was small but i think Axel enjoyed watching, right... Then we came back to Santa Barbara and sat on the beach for two hours. Axel slept and I just watched the world go by. As you can see by the pictures, there are not many places that are better to watch the world go by at 7 am in February.

After our nice beach time we headed home... but Claudia was still asleep (monumental happening). So straight from the car to the stroller and we walked over to Jason and Susan's house for a cup of tea. It was then that the realities of parenthood really started to kick in as they ever so casually tried to decide if they should hop down to Sayulita, Mexico on Tuesday for some surf and beach time for a couple of days - I was trying to decide when I would get a nap today.

We got back home at 10:00 to find that Claudia had just woken up. It was a good morning.

1 comment:

Katie said...

oh my GOD - that brings it all back! great post rich.